South Central Houston
Northeast Houston is an area of Houston, Texas located northeast of Downtown. This diverse area is home to various neighborhoods, each with its own distinct character, and contains some of the city's oldest parts. The economy in this part of town primarily comprises manufacturing and warehousing jobs, along with smaller retail businesses.
Here are some of the attractions you can visit as a resident or visitor:
- George Bush Park: This 7,800-acre park is located on the western edge of Northeast Houston and features a variety of activities and educational programs. These include fishing, hiking, biking, and camping. The park also hosts sports fields, bike trails, and an 18-hole golf course.
- Baytown Nature Center: This nature center provides many wildlife-watching opportunities. Visitors can spot alligators, turtles, waterfowl, reptiles, etc. Several educational programs are also available for individuals interested in learning more about the area's natural history.
- Gulf Greyhound Park: This dog track is located on FM 565 near San Jacinto Mall. It offers live greyhound racing every night and simulcast wagering on races from other tracks around the country. The facility also has a casino with slots and gaming tables.
- Houston Raceway Park: This drag-racing facility is located near Baytown and offers an exciting night of racing. Visitors can watch drivers competing in anything from stock cars to street rods and special events such as the NHRA Houston Nationals.
- Houston Zoo: Located at Hermann Park, the Houston Zoo features over 6,000 animals from more than 900 species. Visitors can get up close with some of their favorite animals through various interactive exhibits. The zoo also hosts educational programs and summer camps for children.
- Old Town Spring: An idyllic historic neighborhood featuring unique shopping, dining, and entertainment venues, as well as some beautiful homes.
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo: The largest rodeo in the world takes place each year at NRG Stadium in this area.
- Bayou Wildlife Zoo: A great spot for animal lovers to get up close with some of their favorite creatures. The facility houses exotic animals from around the world and also offers educational programs, including bird-watching and fishing trips.
House Prices in Northeastern Houston
The cost of living in this area is relatively lower than in the other parts of the city. Home prices here range from affordable starter homes for first-time buyers to luxury properties for those looking for a more upscale lifestyle. The median home price in Northeast Houston is around $210,000.
Northeast Houston is ideal for families and young professionals due to its diverse attractions and close proximity to Downtown. With its rich history, vibrant culture, and inviting atmosphere, it's no surprise that many people call this part of town their home.